Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The school has started

Once again a new school year has started. This year I have the sixth grade. The same class that I've had already three years. What a joy it is to be able to enjoy the same kids, see them grow and learn for a longer period of time. I have a musical class and now it's time to enjoy the fruit of hard work with the basics. My pupils are very good and I just wouldn't be able to teach them anything more after the sixth grade. I'm glad that after that they will have a music teacher.

Two things are new to me this year. It was my turn to take the school's brass band to direct this year. Last year I had the string orchestra and loved doing that. I felt a little bit sad in giving it up but after two times with my new orchestra I don't regret it anymore. Of course it takes time before I remember how to write to saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, oboe and flute so that it's easy enough but not too easy. But I love learning new stuff. And because I can't proberly play any instrument I love conducting an orchestra because it gives me the opportunity to play something well! Even though the kids are the ones who make the work...

The other new thing is that I teach religion for our 9th graders. We have grades from 0 to 9. I really enjoy dealing with older pupils once in a while. they have their own ideas already and the conversations are very refreshing.

Even though I'm much busier now that the school has strated I'm glad it did. I know that there will be times that I get very tired and would like to find an easier job but I think teaching is my thing. I love being around children and youth!

3 comments:

Feed Fido said...

I am intrigued by your blog. Finland looks beautiful, and I love learning about the allotment cottage. And thanks for the view of the shelves. Nice intimate touch.

Feed Fido said...

PS
My blog is
http://jane-of-art.blogspot.com/

Maiju said...

Thank you very much! I hope you can cope with my English. And yes, Finland is very beautiful country. Worth visiting.