Tuesday, August 30, 2005

On athletics event for children

Yesterday I took our girls to an athletics event organised by our bank. There were about 100 children on the field enjoyig athletics. Everyone got to run a short distance run (20 meters - time was taken by electric equipment), throw a children's javelin and jump long jump. All the results were marked on a little paper and after doing it children got a little present.

Our girls loved the long jump. They did that at least 7 times. Every time the same men who had been working as volunteers on world championshps in athletics here in Helsinki messured the result with smile on they face and encouraging words on their mouth. Girls didn't like the javelin... We did some high jump too even though it wasn't arranged there and wasn't messured at all.

While our kids were taking part on these acticities I took an UKK walking test. In that test you walk 2 kilometers and after that they take your pulse. And of course the time you've spent in walking is messured too. After couple of weeks I will recieve results of my physical condition. I'm little bit afraid of that because last time I took the test results were very bad. I haven't done much after that. It's such a change in my life. I use to be in very good condition while I played Finnish baseball. How can it be so hard to take care of your physical condition after being competing athlete?

Anyway we had very good time yesterday! We went to the field by bycicles were there for two hours adn drove back (4 km one way) so you can imagine girls were ready to bed when we got home. Today the violin teacher said that Viivi was very tired today - wonder why?

1 comment:

Saija said...

your English is GREAT, Maiju ... :o) ... i noticed your comment and homeland, from Gayla's blog ... i am a Finnish/Canadain ... born in Finland, but i have lived most of my life in Canada ...

lovely pics ... how nice to finally meet a Finnish/Christian blogger! blessings on you and your family ...