Friday, August 26, 2005

Night of the Arts

Yesterday we took our kids to my sister's and visited the Night of Arts in Helsinki with tens of thousands of other people. Night of the Arts brings arts to parks all around helsinki for people to enjoy free. There were all kinds of arts to see and experience: dancing, singing, acting, sircus, painting, sculptures etc. I really like the athmosphere!

The main thing for us was to see the national opera's picks of the coming seasons. I LOVE OPERA! On our way to the opera we walked through a big park with many kinds of cultural activities. Still what I enjoyed the most was the art God has provided to the sky! It was really beautiful: rainbow, multicoloured clouds, sun giving the last rays etc.

Oh, how much I enjoyed the hour that national opera and ballet provided for us! When I was sixteen my father took me to opera for the first time of my life in East Berlin. We watched the Magic Flute by Mozart. Since that I've loved the aria of the Queen of the Night and yesterday I heard alive again. That was a special treat! When I was younger I dreamed that I could sing it one day. Now I've given up hope. I almost gave up the singing totally but since God has given me a good voice I've thought of starting it once again. It's the best way I've ever been able to express myself.

The other song I loved very much was performed by a Spanish opera singer who is visiting our national opera. He sang the song if I were a rich man from the musical Fiddler on the Roof. The performance was very good even though the pianist (the leader of our national opera) didn't have one page which he noticed during the performance. Well, professionals can deal with it with glamour! After that song I decided to represent the musical Fiddler on the Roof to my pupils next. That's a good one!

No comments: