Wednesday, June 27, 2007

menstrual cup

The reason I decided to try menstrual cup was purely ecological. I had been looking for a choiche to the disposable pads and tampons for a while. I had big doubts of the cup but I decided that in order to call myself ecologically thinking it should be seen in my consuming. So I bought it and haven't regreted it at all. On the contrary I find it VERY GOOD. It's easy to use, safe, cheap and mostly you can forget that you have periods. All the itching and uncomfortable feeling is gone.

This is from the web site of Lunette the manufacturor of menstrual cup:

Lunette™ menstrual cup is:
• Made in Finland of 100% medical-grade silicone.
• Hypoallergic, latex-free, odourless and safe.
• Economic and ecologically-friendly; used with care, one Lunette menstrual cup lasts for about 5-10 years
• A sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and sanitary napkins.
• Easy-to-use and comfortable, needs emptying only 2-4 times a day. Can be used during the night.
• The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, so cleaning is extremely easy.
• Measuring lines of 7.5 ml and 15 ml outside the cup, for monitoring the amount of your flow
• Can be sterilised by placing in boiling water for 2-5 minutes
• Can be used by all women
• Can be used before first sexual intercourse and also with a IUD and contraceptive diaphragm.
• Not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the risk of inflammation.
• Does not disrupt the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry the vaginal mucus membrane
• No dampness; no outbreaks of vaginal candidiasis, cystitis nor toxic shock syndrome have been linked to the use of menstrual cups.
• Can be worn during sports.
• Not tested on animals

2 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Maiju,Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and your daughters are cute! Tell Jonna that she did a wonderful job making the skirt. In answer to your question, I have no connections to Finland. My name is really Maribeth, but I am called by Mari. My ancestry is dutch. I will be visiting your blog again to see more about your life in Finland. The computer is a marvelous thing - it makes the world smaller, don't you think?

Maiju said...

Mari,

I really like this blogging and getting to know people through it. It's also a good way for me to practise my English.

I'll pass your words to jonna about the drss. She's coming home tomorrow from the riding camp. Viivi is on a vacation with grandparents. I miss the girls!!

I hope you enjoy your vacation!