Tuesday, June 26, 2007

School party in South African way

While we visited Arethabeng school of course they arrenged a big party for us there. The party was awesome! Lots and lots of many kind of programme. I enjoyed very much of that living performing of those children. There were songs and poems of South Africa and Arethabeng, traditional dancing (you can see group coming to performe in the picture), songs of love and friendship, jive, dialogues etc. We even saw an educational play about aids afterwards. It didn't fit to the long programme.



We also sang one traditional Finnish song and the African ladies danced on the rythm of that. I love that spirit of doing things together combining traditions feeling sisters no matter of your colour, position or anything else. All men are equal!







In that party also all of those whose story was printed in the book Tunne kieleni - tseba leleme la ka - know my language got their own book. It was a big thing for them! It could have been the first book for some to own. Our children have a whole bookshelf of books. Life just isn't fair.


Well, I miss all those children of Arethabeng and I will cherish those memories in my heart for the rest of my life!

No comments: