Thursday, May 03, 2007

New coins

On Monday I recieved a nice envelope from the father of my ex-pupil. It had foreign money for my collection. I collect mainly coins and I've got them from over 100 countries. Some countries don't even exist any more (like DDR). I have also a smaller collection of paper money. All the coins I got were new to me which is always a special joy. It's so relaxing just to sit with your coin album and find place for the new comers. This is something I've carried with me from childhood so maybe that's the reason why it still makes me happy.

My collection isn't anything fancy. Most of my coins are from the botton of some pocket. I like it that way. The best way to get new coins is to travel abroad and bring some change with you back home. Those coins are very dear to me because I have shared my life with them. :) I don't do this for money or to impress anyone - it's just fun for me! I know, I'm wierd - but everyone knows it already!

1 comment:

Saija said...

i collect postcards ... ones that people have sent me, i like looking at them ... at the stamps ... so i know what you mean about "travelled, handled, used" ... collecting things life has touched ...