Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More Christmas


One new thing here in Lappeenranta for us is that we decided to be a friend family for foreign exchange students. For this 6 months we got to know two Chinese girls Ying and Lan. They will be going home soon. We've met them maybe once a month. It's been interesting! Why I'm telling you this is the Christmas balls. I found out that Ying loves them and here are some pictures of the balls in our tree for her!













On a Christmas day we were out alot. The sun was shining and it was frosty outside - so just perfect! We even found out that bay on the other side of our home had ice on it. Couldn't resist it!

I had my camera with me. The other day I had seen beautiful pictures of frozen roots etc. at Terry's blog and I wanted to have some of my own. Here are some of my catches:




The ice had so smooth surface that people were skating on it on the other side of the bay.

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Maiju...These pictures are a lot nicer than mine!
They almost have a gentle peace about them.
The water is soooo crystal clear..
I remember when we were kids and the iceman that went around...Ha!! We didn't have fridges in the olden days...well like I was saying the ice man would give us big clear chunks of ice to suck on. It was simply glorious!! And that's what your lovely pictures remind me of!! A sweet memory of my happy childhood ...Thank you Maiju and a belated "Merry Christmas" and an even happier New Year!! From Terry

Maiju said...

Well,

I enjoyed your pictures more! :)

Thank you for sharing the ice man experience. it's hard to imaging living without the fridge... Well on my visit to peru I found out that happiness isn't depended on materia.

Maggie Ann said...

Wonderful pictures!