Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas 2006



I love Christmas and you can see it in our home. I enjoy every little thing in Christmas: decorations, baking, gift shopping, songs etc. This year I've had more time to enjoy it because of my new job. As a special teacher I don't have a group to lead so I didn't have to make program to any christmas event of the school. Last year I was involved in three different Christmas celebrations plus our Christmas concert. What happened? Have I been able to enjoy all the extra time? No, I have missed making Christmas that way so much that I found myself crying in a closet one evening.


Anyway my Christmas spirit is very high at the moment. Angels have found their way into our new home. Many of them are warm memories of my ex-pupils whom I miss. You can smell Christmas in our home and hear it through cd-player. My heart is filled with gratitued. God has once again been faithful and helped us through this a big change in our lives. I'm also grateful that He gave us this adventure even tough it hasn't been easy to let go the past. My life is on a solid rock called Jesus and I love celebrating his birthday!


I wish Merry Christmas and blessed New Year to all of you!

4 comments:

Saija said...

Merry Christmas to you Maiju!!!

your place looks lovely and i can smell the good cooking ... :o)

i'm glad that your heart has been refreshed by the Lord!

blessings in the new year too!

Maiju said...

Thank you!

I have learned to love our new home. The most important thing is that God is with us here too.

Blessed new year to you too!

Terry said...

Dear Maiju...Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You liked those pictures?.. Lot of the commenters said they were a bit sinister.!
I know I sure felt wierd when I was taking those pictures, No sight of snow anywhere but those FROZREN ROOTS!!
It is now Christmas Eve and STILL no snow!
The weather man says we will be getting it the day after boxing day on Wednesday...
I am going to look your blog over.
Any friend of Saija's is a friend of mine!!...from Terry

Merry Christmas to you!!

Maiju said...

Terry,

I loved your pictures so much that I went out and took some of my own inspired by you. They will show on my blog soon...ycnxmawg