Monday, July 25, 2005

Childhood pictures


This is my childhood home in Ilomantsi the eastest place in Finland. We had a lot of space to run around the house. The house is situated on the lake Ilomantsi. So the view from our living room window was beautiful. In the evenings we could admire sun setting over the lake. I miss that view a lot! From our appartment we can see sun set too which I like a lot.





Here is our sauna. If something I miss our sauna. I have so many good memories from there. In winter we would go out and roll on the snow and in the summertime it was easy to spend hours doing the sauna and swimming. In a heat room we had big window facing the lake and the view was beautiful and it was so relaxing just to look out of it.

Here you can see me and my brother on the borch of our sauna. We still have the bath tub and both of our girls have used it.

We had a lot of animals when i was a kid. Goats were my favourites. They would follow us to our outings. Once they had kids during the winter and the goats had to stay in our bathroom because the stable was too cold for newborn kids. The kids would clime everywhere. They were jumping on ou sofas etc.







We had always cats too. I think the biggest amount was 12 cats at the same time. It's me again here enjoying the company of our cats.





For a while we also had some geese. Then we had a horse. What a fun was it to take carriage rides around Ilomantsi with family! Later on a friend of mine had her ponies at our stable and that gave me an opportunity to ride a lot and take care of them. I sure loved it!



I guess I had a very happy childhood! Hopefully we are able to give a happy childhood to our own kids too!

No comments: