Friday, July 15, 2005

My family


I realized that many of you haven't seen me or my family for a long time. Here are some pictures of us and a little update to our family life.


This is me. I am an elementary school teacher. I have a music class which means my pupils have been chosen to my class because of their musical talent. We have many applicants so pupils are very talented. We have emphasis on classical music and specially in orchestra. That means every single one of my pupils play an orchestra instrument. Pupils have 5 lessons of music each week at school. On top of that comes their instrument lessons. I really love my work and during these 4 years in Mikkola school I've learned so much in music I never taught would be possible with me. Music has become a very big and important part of my life. Of course now I enjoy the long summer vacation and time with my family.

This is my husband Juha. He works as an occupational health and safety representative in ISS Security Oy in Finland. His job takes him all over Finland where ISS has safety guards. He also studies to become a lawyer at the University of Lapland.

Here you can see our older daughter Jonna. She is now 10 years old and will go to the fifth grade after the summer holiday. She's on music class at the same school with me. She palyes the violin. She is very good at school and likes going to school and learn new things. She reads a lot and Harry Potter is one of her favourites.

Viivi is 8 years old. She also is very good at school. She is much more living personality than Jonna and it was exciting for us how she would react to the school. At least after the first year she likes it very much. Sometimes she complaines that it's too easy! She also playes the violin. I had a priviledge to accompany her in two concerts last year. That was so much fun! I never tought with my piano playing skills (I've learned it mostly by myself and I'm a poor player) I could perform some day.

No comments: