Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stockholm

We made a quick one-day-visit to Stockholm right before Christmas in the beginning of the Christmas brake. I enjoyed the ready made meals on board the ship and in Stockholm and the time to just relax in a cabin. I also like the city of Stockholm very much and walking around felt very good.
The old part of the city is my favourite with all the narrow alleys and old buildings. Fortunately we didn't need to buy anything so we were able to just wander around and enjoy the window dressings which brought the Christmas spirit to me after a hectic time at work.
































In the old town we also visited the Stora Kyrkan (the big Church). It was a lovely moment to calm down. We lit some candles and I prayed alcohol free Christmas to children in Finland.

We also visited one mall quickly and watched all the people making last minute Christmas shopping. We ate in Burger King -thing we always do in Stockholm while we don't have it in Finland and we loved it in USA.










On our way back me and Viivi took part in competition and won these chocolate bars. It was a reaction game where you had to push the buttons that turned on in the right order. I got 164 in a row, the next one got 54 and Viivi who was third got 28. Am I good or what?!

3 comments:

Saija said...

fazer is our very favourite chocolate!!!! we got 3 bars as gifts from my cousins this christmas ... YUM!

Anonymous said...

Fun! It is so neat to see Stockholm too! :)
Love,
Ang

Anonymous said...

I love Fazer too :)
and well done Viivi, such a big chocolate bar :)