Monday, December 03, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Yesterday and today we've got snow AND I LOVE IT! I've always loved snow but now I have en extra reason to do that - the yard of our own! At the moment I'm watching out of the window looking at the snowy yard and I feel so happy. Viivi had built the snow lantern and I just had to rush out to take pictures. Hopefully we'll have snow and frost in Christmas so that we can make lantern of ice too to our yard.


We also have bird feeder at our yard for the first time. We enjoy watching the birds come to dine on our yard. We also feed four squirrels. They are so much fun! Sometimes they'll run around like crazy, they'll jump in trees or they use time finding good place to hide the peanuts.

As you may have guessed we love living here in Vantaa. Now we have a home with enough room and a sauna of our own. Our friends and family are close and all the activities of the capital area. God has blessed us with lots of things.
May the light of our Lord shine in your lives too!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

We had our first big snow yesterday as well! Halfway across the world, yet so similar. :)

Anonymous said...

Maiju, this made me so happy to read!

Please email your new address! I wrote a letter to you today & want to get it in the mail. Yes, a real letter-can you believe it?

Love, Hugs, and Happy CHRISTmas!
Ang :)

Anonymous said...

It looks so great! :)
I wish it snows here soon, but nowadays only the rain comes.

Saija said...

i am so glad for you ... and the pics are lovely! i hope you get more snow - so that it isn't so dark ... ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a hungarian girl. Beautiful photos! I wish you a merry xmas and a happy new year.

Maiju said...

Hi Hungarian girl!

Merry merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Maiju! I love your blogging and hope you'll find time to blog more often-when you can. :) I know, I need to also. Thanks for the nice note! :) I love seeing glimpses of your world!
Hugs, Ang

Mari said...

It's so good to hear from you again. I so enjoyed the pictures. They are just beautiful. We did Lego's a lot when our kids were young, but never a castle as impressive asa yours!