Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

Christmas is here again! You can tell it when you smell the fir-tree when walking into your home, you see candles at people's windows, presents coming out of their bags and when you hear christmas carrols all over the places. It never dissapoints you but it comes every year bringing the hope to the world!

This year I've been thinking how tired Mary must have been on the first christmas after the long trip to Betlehem and even after got there in looking for a place to stay overnight all while being pregnant ready to give birth. Along the day she must have cried occasionally her tiredness and despair. I'm not sure if she remebered that she was carrying the Son of God in her. She might have been too tired to care for that. But she gave birth to Christ our Savior and those moments of despair changed into the night of the miracles after miracles, into the night that generations after generations would remember! All along God had been with Mary and Joseph making the divine plan come true. Mary just didn't feel it or even believe it.

I've felt it this December. I don't remember being this tired ever in my life. I haven't been able to concentrate to the real meaning of christmas. I've been too busy with my work and all the concerts, events, reports etc. which come along with my work in December. I've just been walking this road step by step towards the christmas doing all the things I've had to do. On the road I lost my belief for the fact that God cares for me and carries me in my moments of despair. But just like for Mary the real christmas came to me too. I can see it in the eyes of our children, in the flame of the candle, in all the decorations and most of all I can feel it in my soul. CHRIST WAS BORN! It's time to celebrate it.

I can't even imagine what my life would be without the first christmas. I'm so happy that God changed Mary's wearyness into the joy to the world. And He did it to me, too. I hope you all can experience the secret of christmas in your life!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!

PS. This year I didn't send any christmas cards. With that money I planted a real christmas tree in Peru hoping that it will bring joy to the family in need with its fruit.

3 comments:

Saija said...

Merry Christmas Maiju! hope that Joulu Pukki was good to you and yours! :o)

oh, i have some french canadian recipes, for pea soup and also pies ... AND i loved your pics of the treats you made ... mmmmmmm ...!

Lord Bless you!

Maggie Ann said...

How precious, the birth of our Saviour. Our Pastor had this thought...since Joseph was a carpenter, it was likely that he made her a cart to ride in behind the donkey. Still, she would have been so miserable riding along..perhaps in the first stages of labor...yet as you said, great joy was coming to her after the hard travelling... as well as holding her Saviour in her arms...a twofold miracle her Saviour and ours!

Maiju said...

Saija!

Joulupukki (Santa Claus) was nice to us. Nice gifts and specially the time to be with the family with no rush anywhere was soooo gooood!