Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Narnia

We went to see the movie of Narnia the other day. I really liked it. Even as a child I liked the book a lot. I think I read only the first one. The story is so good and the movie was very well made. My favourite was the sweet little Lucy and the mister Tumnus.

Five years ago Jonna got the book which has all the Narnia books in it as a christmas present. Juha started reading that to Jonna. Sometimes there was even a months gap in reading but it went on. It was very strict that I wasn't allowed to read it because Juha actually wanted to read it himself. It took them almost five years to get it read. In that time Jonna learned to read herself and she reads a lot. she has read all the Harry Potters and tons of other children's books. But she wasn't allowed to read Narnia herself because once again Juha wanted to read it too. Anyway they got it finished just before the movie came out. Talk about perfect timing!

Now Jonna started to read the book by herself and te speed is very different from the earlier. I think she'll get the first book read tomorrow. Narnia is worth seeing as a movie and also read as a book so go for it! Maybe I'll start reading it to Viivi so that I would get to read the other books too.

1 comment:

Saija said...

i am so slow at going to movies (the theatre is over 100 km away - none in our little town!) ... i will wait to see it on tv ... :o) ...

i looked at your brothers blog ... he does have great pictures!