Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hilla

We have a dog. Actually we've had a dog since March. Her name is Hilla. One weekend we just decided that it would be good time to get a dog while Juha was studying at home and he would have time for the new dog. Well we found Hilla through internet. The previous owner couldn't keep her anymore and she was looking for a good home for her. I'm glad she trusted Hilla to us.

Hilla is very kind, obedient and well-behaving dog. She is also easy and she adjusted very well to her new home with us. I've never been a dog person. Actually I couldn't stand most of the dogs. While Juha was home alone a lot with the distressing graduation work to do I decided that he deserves the long wanted dog. I don't regret my decision. I've learned to like Hilla. Yet she's still more the dog of the rest of the family, especially Juha's.
I enjoy the joy Hilla has brought to our family. I also like the fact that she gets me out much more often than I used to go. I'm not a morning person but somehow those morning walks with other dog people are precious to me. I wouldn't want to do it every morning and fortunately my turn is maybe once a week. I also like the fact that Hilla likes me even tough I don't spend so much time with her. But she greets me with glee everytime I come home.
The best thing with Hilla is that she takes us out and into new places. Very often we take Hilla out together with Juha, my husband. Sometimes girls or at least one of them comes with us. One of our favourite places is Haltiala. That's where we were today. It's an area right beside the Vantaa river. We walk along the river bank and enjoy the country idyll. Every now and then we go down to the river, sit for a while and then go on again. The view is amazing and Hilla gets to run free.

This is the path on a river bank:

down by the river:
the view:
The oat field:
Once again thank you Hilla for taking us their!




1 comment:

Saija said...

hilla is a very fortunate dog! to have a family like yours to love her! :o)