Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Winter pics

When we eventualy got snow here in Finland I've enjoyed it very much! I love the snowy landscape. I even like walking to work at the cold weather (over -20 degrees celsius). It wakes you up! All these pictures are from my way to work. It takes me twenty minutes to walk and on my way I can enjoy the beauty of God's creation.


Boats are waiting for summer to come...













In stead motor sledges are working hard this time of the year. It's easy to walk on ice when you can use these motor sledge trails. I love walking on the ice! You get so different perspective to your neighbourhood from the lake.







This picture I took this morning. Sun was shinig and the weather was just beautiful! The sun coloured all the reeds with gold. I had to stop and snap a picture even though my hands froze immediately because of the cold weather...



This is how our home yard looks on winter.


And this is a view from our balcony.




When the sun sets we get a special blue moment here in Finland on winter time. it's very hard to catch on a camera for a common girl like me but at least I tried.

Next time I'll blog about my trip to South Africa. Those pictures will be different. At least warmer looking. :)

5 comments:

Peanut's Mom said...

The scenery really is beautiful and so wintery - lovely pictures. We've been outside in our shorts this week and it somehow doesn't feel quite right!! Our plants and bulbs are so confused - some popping out of the ground already. A few weeks ago we had a dusting of snow (a winter storm by Texas standards) and now a week of balmy breezes.

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing your views of South Africa.

Jodi said...

Yes! I know about that "blue moment"; I have seen it here in the Wisconsin winters. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Maiju said...

Hi, peanut's mom!

I remember living in Colorado was so funny because the dramatic weather changes. One day you could have a snowstorm and next day you could wear shorts. At least life was full of suprises!

Jodi,

thank you for visiting! I loved your pictures! Enjoy the blue moments over there! :)

Saija said...

it looks so familiar ... canadian winters can be very familiar to finnish ones ... though the last time i actually experienced a finnish winter, i was 4!!!

looking forward to the africa pics!

Anonymous said...

Maiju-these made me smile and brought back happy memories. :)
I just wrote you a short letter, and my computer (with your address) isn't working. Will you email it to me (yet again!) and this time I will change your address in my address book. :) Thanks a bunch!!
Ang:)