Monday, February 06, 2006

Hablo Español

I actually don't speak Spanish but I would love to. When I was in Peru I got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't speak with people without the interpreter. There are millions of people who speak Spanish as their mother toung and I figured out that there might come other situations in my life that i would want to communicate with them. So I took a Spanish course.

I've been going to the Spanish course now for about 10 times. So I can't say that I can speak Spanish but it feels so good to learn a new language. It's hard and it seems that I haven't learned much yet but I'll do my best. here is a sample of my skill:

Soy Maiju. Tengo 32 años. Tengo dos hijos y un marido. Trabajo en escuela. Soy professora. En mi tiempo libre leo libros y eschucha música classica. Me gusta viajar. En Finlandia hay miles lagos.

Did you understand? Hopefully I didn't make many mistakes. If anyone is interested in writing e-mails with me in Spanish I would be happy to do that. I could do that also in Swedish or in German. I have studied them both but forgot almost all of it. I would love to be fluent in all of those langueges and maybe after ten years or so I'll take another language to learn...

No comments: